FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin America ending partnership with Virgin Atlantic on November 13th
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:28 pm
mipaho

Virgin America ending partnership with Virgin Atlantic on November 13th

I wrote an email to Virgin America Elevate to try to find out more about when I would be able to book a partner award on the new Virgin Atlantic SEA-LHR flight that starts in March 2017, and received the following response in return:

"Thank you for contacting Virgin America Elevate Desk. My name is LaShanda and I will be assisting you on this matter. In regards to your request, beginning on November 13, 2016 Virgin Atlantic will no longer be a partner of Virgin America. It is mostly not showing on the web as our Partner Award travel due to this fact.
We do apologize about the inconvenience, if you have any other additional questions please feel free to contact us at 877-359-8474 and we will be more than willing to assist you."

I wrote back to ask if any other partner changes are happening on 11/13, but haven't heard back yet. Looks like the next 12 days may be the last change to book partner awards on Virgin Atlantic.

EDIT: The rep wrote back and said that there are no changes planned for any other partners - just Virgin Atlantic.

Last edited by mipaho; Nov 1, 2016 at 2:34 pm Reason: Added info