FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:51 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by gnomey
thanks - i agree with everything you said. not planning to hoard it or anything like that for extended period of time. next trip on LH or LX is still about 1.5-2 yrs out. but i m a planner so am already strategizing on my head i just wonder why some ppl can get approved for 2 barclay CCs at once - apparently there are some DP on that, but it's not auto-approval. but i agree that the safest route still is apply 1 card every 6 month. i was just hoping i could churn at a faster rate than one M&M card every 1.5 years, i.e., cancel the CC before 1 yr is up but maybe i should work on gaining the 'trust' of barclay first esp since this is my first card with them. perhaps next yr in march i can apply for the 50K arrival+ while still keeping my M&M card
Just so we're clear, it wasn't my intention to tell you that you had to wait 18 months to apply for another card. I did think you were probably intending to push the apps too hard, too soon. But the part about 18 months is just what we did, and it worked. Maybe 12 would work, IDN. What I'm pretty confident about is that you should put regular, not necessarily massive, but regular spend on any Barclays cards you have open if you hope to get more cards from them. Good Luck, and update here whatever you do and how that works out.