Old Oct 29, 16, 4:56 am
KARFA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
At last, photos uploaded and now shared!

Thanks for posting photos of the cabin safety area AAtticus, it seems I didn't take any photos at that point and was relying on others.

A 787-9 parked up. This was from the bridge which you use to pass between the block where the cabin safety area to the block in which the sims are in.

And here they are all lined up. Certainly very impressive when compared to the old facility at Cranebank.

In we go to the 767-300 simulator, and 12939 goes first. You can see that the 767-300 is very much a transitional cockpit half way between a glass cockpit with a full size PFD and nav display, and mechanical dials. The 767 has a small electronic attitude display and below a small nav display. The nav display is cunningly positioned so you canít see it clearly since the yoke is in the way!

By way of comparison this is what a more modern layout would be, this is from a 737-800 but it is similar to a 747-400 or 777 where you have a larger PFD and nav display side by side and no primary mechanical instruments.

And then it was my go, we were all basically doing some circuits and approaches at LHR at this stage.

Airpox went next, again at LHR.

Back to 12939 again.

And Airprox before the half way break.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/922/Q50181.jpg[/IMG]

So after the break we decided to do a short route from LHR to MAN. After programming the FMC with the short route we were off with me in the seat.

After getting to MAN 12939 did a few circuits to finish the evening.