FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont gold
Thread: Fairmont gold
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:32 am
Jonesdds

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
That doesn't sound right. There is normally a much larger difference than that between a "Fairmont Room" and "Fairmont Gold Room". For only $60 more, I would definitely book Gold--the free breakfast alone would pay for the upgrade. I've normally found the difference to be more in the range of $150.

Are you sure the comparison is apples-to-apples? Are all the base level Fairmont rooms sold out, and so you are effectively comparing a non-Gold Fairmont River View room to a Gold Room with a City View?
I'm not sure about the base room view and how that compares. Info from a Virtuoso agent I use and he has not indicated that. Also because it's done through Virtuoso breakfast is included, I think in the restaurant only.

Let me ask this, what is the typical hours the gold lounge is open and what is served? Cocktails included? Good array of appetizers? When I stay at the ritz Carlton I could eat all meals there and never go out, there is that much to choose from open 7-10 with a couple hour breaks for setup of next meal.