FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using PlusPoints on NH / ANA {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:20 am
big V

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by exerda
Checked a few possible early 2017 dates for WAS-BKK. Cheapest GPU-able on NH class is B for those dates. Spread between B and P is ~$600 r/t.
Did you find this on united.com or did you speak to an agent? I am on united.com and despite searching for B fares for an upgrade with a GPU, the ANA and LH flights ex BKK are both showing as "not eligible for upgrade."

Originally Posted by st530
In response to my own question upthread, 14 days out seems to be an inventory release threshold. After checking daily for the last 3 weeks to upgrade from C to F on NH 801 (NRT-SIN) on Nov 7, today at the 14-day mark the space opened up and I was able to confirm via the UA LH/NH upgrade page.
When I have tried to use this page using the UA codeshare flight number for an ANA or LH flight, it would spew red back at me. Yet upthread we saw that you can use either the UA codeshare or the ANA flight number on the ANA flights. Did you use the codeshare flight number or the carrier flight number to get this to work?

Will be in BKK in Feb and want to know everything I need to know to maximize my GPUs now that I got 'em!