FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont gold
Thread: Fairmont gold
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:33 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I would definitely like to hear from someone that's stayed in a club level Ritz Carlton room as comparison. Anyone stayed in both?

A regular room on Gold level is not that much more than other floors about $60 CAD. But at 225-250 sq ft seems rooms are small. When I move up to a Jr Ste. for non club floors it's only about $75 more. But for some reason a Jr Ste. Is $300 CAD different on the Gold level. That's what I'm really trying to figure out, if it's enough of a benefit to be on the gold level given the price increase.
That doesn't sound right. There is normally a much larger difference than that between a "Fairmont Room" and "Fairmont Gold Room". For only $60 more, I would definitely book Gold--the free breakfast alone would pay for the upgrade. I've normally found the difference to be more in the range of $150.

Are you sure the comparison is apples-to-apples? Are all the base level Fairmont rooms sold out, and so you are effectively comparing a non-Gold Fairmont River View room to a Gold Room with a City View?