FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual national passing through SG immigration
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:59 pm
dsgtc0408

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by tya
Hi Guys,

Not sure if I should ask about immigration here, but would still give it a shot.

I have a question about passing through Singapore Immigration. I have US/Taiwan dual citizenship but with different legal name (hence different name on passport). If my future travels booked by my company may use my Taiwanese name on Taiwanese passport, would I still be able to enter/exit Singapore using my U.S. passport? (i.e. when I show the immigration officer my U.S. passport but the name is different from what shows on my BP, would that matter?)

I will still bring both passports with me just would prefer using U.S. passport because of the bilateral agreement allowing U.S. citizen/Global Entry users to using eIACS after three visits. I might be qualified for this in the next 12 months that's why I am keen to use my American passport. Yet my company would only purchase ticket using the name on Taiwan passport. I thus wonder if it is okay for clearing Changi Immigration? As long as I have my both passports with me and show them when asked?
You're probably best off asking the Duty Officer in the immigration area before you go through Passport Control the next time you come to Singapore. I assume you know that when you leave Singapore, your boarding pass is compared to your passport three times by airport officials (including one inspection right after the eIACS machine) specifically to be sure that everything matches so I wouldn't fool around with this.