FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:59 pm
rehken
Suspended

Programs: DL, Hhonors, MR, SPG, Enterprise, Hertz
Lifetime Diamond Requirements Changing?

It's been a while since Hilton announced the lifetime Diamond status. I was lead to believe that they were going to start with the 1000 paid nights, and 10 years to start off with, then make some adjustments after a year or two.

The same person that led me to believe they were going to make adjustments, said they have put off making adjustments because the base of members aren't complaining anymore that they don't have a lifetime program, and aren't complaining about the requirements (he works for Hilton Corporate).

So is he right?

Am I the only one that feels 1000 paid nights is too many? They have very, very few lifetime Diamond members as the program sits today. Is everyone else here complacent and happy? I would have been happier if they dropped the number to 750 paid nights or included reward stays at the very least. I haven't seen any other complaints on here, so I thought I would ask.

With the SPG merger, I can now book all of our corporate events with either of the two of those and easily hit Lifetime Plat with MR, and am thinking about switching all of the events I book to capitalize on a benefit I can enjoy after I retire in another 12 to 15 years.