Old Oct 26, 16, 8:29 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA Gold/MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LC757 View Post
Will any of these P.S. 757s getting a Polaris hard product update? I've been on 8 P.S. flights this year (5 of them in J) and the state of the current interior is pretty appalling.

Was on N590UA (a nearly 20 year old 757) this past weekend and the seats/walls had a noticeable grimy, faded look. My seat controls and remote had a stickiness about them. The lady next to me was wiping down the entire seat area (though this is probably prudent on all flights), and at the end of the flight a guy presented a FA with a plastic covering that had broken off his seat shell. And I would highly recommend not looking inside the overhead baggage bins as I shudder to think about when the last time those were wiped down.

It's a damn shame cause the 757 is a great bird (heck, it's part of my username), and it'd be nice if UA put at least some effort in putting the "premium" in P.S.
The official answer is no in the near future, at least for the hard product.

How will the switch to United Polaris affect United p.s. Premium Service flights?
Beginning in mid-2017, United p.s. transcontinental business class service will feature some of the amenities that are offered with United Polaris business class, but overall p.s. business class service will not change significantly.
However, with rumors of UA cancelling the engine update for the 757J fleet (sUA 28J ones), there's a potential where they will increase widebody flying to replace the retiring 757s, but that's just pure speculation for fleet planning 2 years out.