FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate award itins; irrops, bag check queries
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:34 pm
ft4lyf

Originally Posted by kcKOB
Just spent almost 80 minutes on two separate phone calls with the 1k line. First agent put me on hold for almost 40 minutes and then the line mysteriously disconnected. I called back, and spoke to a second agent.... she put me on hold as well, and then when she finally came back, she explained that the DFW-ORD segment couldn't be added to the main itin. Rather, they would have to cancel the entire main itin and reticket with the DFW-ORD leg included. Unfortunately that isn't an option because Saver space is no longer available on the NH segment (or likely the rest of the international itin).

Any other thoughts? I don't get the idea I would have any better luck by calling back and getting a different agent...

Thanks,
KOB
That is quite wrong (Sadly). They can totally add the DFW_ORD saver space to your second itinerary with no difficulty. It is just that after Oct-6, they seem to not want do such things.
But, yes, absolutely they can do it.
And you should get waitlisted for saver first for the first segment as mentioned by a previous poster.