FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego General Discussion Thread (Which hotel is better? etc) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 15, 2004, 9:53 am
tiger1tony

W Hotel San Diego - Incredible

I just spent a week at the W Hotel in San Diego. I've stayed in a number of W's and I can honestly say that, as a Platinum member, I have never been treated better.

It started with my very late arrival on a Friday night. Understandably, there were no upgrades available, but the manager had already put a letter of apology in my room with a coupon for a drink at the bar.

Check in was quick and courteous and I was actually asked what I would like as my platinum amenity, something that never happens when i stay at the W Times Square NY.

I had to check out in the middle of the week for a conference and returned for the weekend. I was upgraded to a very nice suite. Again, check in was great.

There is a bit of a downside - While the Westin is conveniently located next to Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp district, the W is 5 blocks away (10 minutes). There isnt terribly much around the W, other than some office buildings, but if you're going to San Diego to see the sights, that shouldn't matter much.