FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:23 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Thank you, Goldorak, for raising the issue. This has annoyed me for some time, too. Recently, I was looking for a hotel room at Novotel NYC but wasn't able to find the advertised price. I contacted the hotel and inquired explanation. This is what I got as a reply:

"These prices are the 'starting from' prices. They correspond to the lowest average price available on the dates requested, based on a room for one or two people. They may be based on different room types. Depending on the country, these prices may not include taxes, may include VAT only or may include all taxes (VAT and city tax). When prices do not include all taxes, the relevant taxes (VAT and/or city tax) will be stated in the following stages of the booking process. The price is only guaranteed at the time of reservation."
Originally Posted by starflyergold
That's more or less what I was told as well when I raised my example (above). The problem is that is just not true. There was no room retailing at that rate on any day of my intended stay.
Indeed, this is not true at all. What I didn't mention in my 1st post is that, on the 1st screen (like screenshot #1), if you click on "find the best rate", my dates were displayed in green, meaning those were the dates with the cheapest rate available for the period.