FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Austrian court rules against expiration of miles
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:07 pm
KLouis

Since the time I had fights with my mom when I was a child, I found it hard to understand the logic behing many things that lawyers considered to be very logical. This is one such case:

Nobody is forced to become an FB member. As a matter of fact, there is a big choice of FF programs and the T&C of each one is clearly accessible for reading before one decides to join such a programmme. I also hated it when I had to take a no-real-purpose flight a month ago in order keep my miles, but I joined FB (or, to be precise, FD) knowing that they had certain rules. Heck, I earned more than one million miles in the years before I switched alliances and I was glad to see that my "new" *A miles did not expire. But going to court and sueing FB because I don't like their rules, well, I find it strange and I find the court's decision even stranger.

At any rate, I no longer collect FB miles, I'm not Austrian and neither do I live in Austria, so this thing is irrelevant for me.