FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One night stay - hotel is asking for wire transfer
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:28 pm
invisible

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by 747FC
How about going to your bank or credit union and purchasing travelers cheques. Endorse it over and sign. Send by mail.
Two problems - you will have a hard time finding a bank selling T/C now. Secondly - they do not accept it.

Originally Posted by offerendum
I donīt understand why they didnīt take a credit card at check-in. Am I right that you left without check-out? In this case some hotels would have called the police.
It was f-ed up by Expedia. In the reservation page was my credit card number, rate and printed 'Collected by hotel' - so no extra thoughts from my side.

At check in (9PM, reception was closed, and they guy came from his apartment after giving him a call) I never was asked to give credit card - just showed printed out Expedia reservation, neither I was asked at the next morning during breakfast. Only three weeks after I came back I checked my Facebook messages (!) and saw their message that there is no payment for stay. If I never checked my FB, I would never know...

Last edited by invisible; Oct 21, 2016 at 11:36 pm