FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying fee for award ticket with CC that doesn't match account holders name
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:52 pm
cactus47

Credit card used to book award ticket

I'm wondering about issues with the credit card used when booking an award ticket for someone else.

The most recent thread I can find on this is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ders-name.html (Feel free to merge, but the thread is a year old.)

I'm going to book tickets on Finnair (AY) for my brother using my AA miles. Based on the above-linked thread, it sounds like I will have to pay the fees using my credit card. That's fine. Not ideal, but the fees are actually fairly low for this flight so whatever. Is that still correct?

Here's the real question: Do I need to lend him that credit card when he travels? Will Finnair need to see the card? I have read stories online of some airlines needing to see (at the airport) the card used to pay the fees. I'd rather not have to deal with that if we can avoid it.

(This is all on the up-and-up. Last names match (he's really my brother), so that shouldn't be an issue.)

Thanks!