FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:26 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I got rejected in Secured message when I requested a plastic card. I said I wanted it for a trip to Asia in case I run into a merchant that requires a plastic card to imprint as people suggested in this thread. Funny thing is I actually might need it as I will be in third world countries where this could be an issue while others have gotten the extra card by saying this as an excuse to get an extra card.
I haven't been to, say, Africa, but all around Asia with my metal CSP, and never once had an issue in India, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, China, etc. The bigger issues I've had have nothing to do with the material, and have been related to either the fact there is no PIN (mostly probelematic in UK/EU), and quite a few merchants, primarily in India, occasionally in Indonesia, that just don't accept US-issued cards. Or in India, it hanging online when doing the Verified by Visa/3D-secure thing. So plastic won't help that.

And yes, I imagine they are probably catching on to folks trying to get plastic to avoid an AU fee.