FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:02 am
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
While the empty bowl on a tray is for return catering, the glass on the tray is supposed to be filled with water for breakfast flights, and for lunch/dinner the FA's would do a pass of wine. I don't know what changed the standard sequence was trays brought out to 2 rows of pax, bread basket, then an offer of wine. It still says this in the manual, but in the past year I've yet to encounter a single instance where 1) the bread wasn't just placed onto the tray, or 2) FA's were in the aisles offering wine.
I've gotten all variants of this from everything including salad+main plated on the tray at once to the full service with the bread basket and wine coming around after the tray. But the silly thing is really that I'm already enjoying a glass of wine with my nuts, and the tray comes with an empty wineglass anyway. Unless I'm asking for the other glass to get filled too (sometimes I will if I'm going to switch wines anyway), they just refill my existing glass and the tray one stays empty (more common).