FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No nuts for me....due to NRSA allergy
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 16, 3:48 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Artpen100 View Post
But in that incident on UA, after the first flight had to return for a medical emergency, UA declined to fly the child until (I suspect after a medical consultation) they believed the child could fly without putting the child's life in danger. Seems reasonable and consistent with their policy. It is better to be a day late than risk death.
I can assure you that there is no possible way to prevent someone on a United flight from being exposed to nuts, no matter what they say:

In GF out of NRT, a few weeks ago, my wife lost her watch down the side of her seat. In an effort to recover it, I had to lay down flat on the floor and use a powerful flashlight to find it. What I saw under the seat and in the mechanical workings was interesting: Several nuts, lots of dust-bunnies, a couple flossers, money (I recovered a 500 Yen coin), tissues, croutons, a desiccated piece of sushi, a sock, and myriad other unidentifiable small particles.

:-:UA didn't wait until the plane was safe for the child, UA was trying to minimize liability and put on a good dog and pony show for the family.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 12, 16 at 3:54 pm