FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 Annual Travel Credit (2016 - 2021)
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:54 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
Funny that some are bashing me, yet I'm receiving multiple pms asking sbout this.
Originally Posted by RedElmo
There's plenty of shady ppl just like you.
Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
I spend way over $300 on the card on travel a year anyways. I just want to get it out of the way.
Or if you really dont want to have any more travel and time of the calendar year is running out ... Take our case, the cards delivered by UPS in the afternoon on the day we flew out of MIA for a 35 days international trip - so the cards were left by our door and we traveled without it. Had to SM Chase to put a suspension on the cards so no charge could be run thru given we did not have the cards in hand. Now we are back and have less than 6 weeks to meet the spend AND the travel expenses.

Found a short Caribbean cruise in 2 weeks time that we could take to knock off 75% of the $300. Even though we would prefer stay home for the rest of the year...

Also I received INCONSISTENT info on when is the deadline for us to meet the spend. 2 different SM reps gave Dec 18 as deadline on 2 different cards (mine and husband's) but the phone rep said it was Nov 25 as the approval date was Aug 25. I am sure most of folks on this have met their spend on first month and dont even bother to find out the exact deadline... I am just curious that Chase usually gives an additional 10 to 14 days to account for mailing delay, not to mention the drastic difference between the SM rep's answer and the phone rep's answer. In any case we will operate by the phone rep's date. Dont want the hassle to argue with Chase based on the SM rep's info on a 100K bonus. I just hope the chip works on my card as it has given Card Malfunction errors multiple times.