FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6 hours in Berlin in the morning. What to do?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:50 pm
tropikey

6 hours in Berlin in the morning. What to do?

Hello!

I need your advice :-)

I'll arrive to TXL airport on the 12th on November (Saturday) at approx. 6.30 a.m. I'll arrive from AUH in Air Berlin's J class, so I'm entitled to use their chauffeur service, which can bring me anywhere in Berlin (max. 40 km from the airport). I've already reserved this service, because originally I planned to continue my trip on train and intended to use this limo service to bring me to the central station. However, my plans changed. Instead of going home (Gdansk in Poland) by train, I'll fly there with AY (via HEL). This flight departures at noon. My dilemma is now, whether I should cancel AB's chauffeur service and stay at the airport or should I keep it and use for short excursion?

If I decide for the first, I could go to BA lounge or I could use free shuttle to Mercure Tegel, where I could have breakfast buffet for approx. EUR 20 (not cheap ) and rest in lobby for some time.

If I decide to use AB's limo service, I could ask to bring me to some nice restaurant serving breakfast buffet (for example, to Caffe Butter where such buffet costs, as far as I know, EUR 8,90). The problem is however, that the earliest time they start such buffets is 9.00 am, so I would have max. 1 hour to have it, as I need to be back at the airport at approx. 10.30.

What would you do in such situation? Perhaps you have some other ideas, how to spend time between such two flights? I'm not particularly interested in sightseeing (particularly on one of November mornings) as I've already been in Berlin for couple of times, although there surely are places in Berlin which I haven't seen before...

I'll be grateful for your help :-)