View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 16, 10:46 pm
ptownca

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Thumbs up Gold Floor Review

All of the points Jasper2009 has mentioned are true. Now for the experience

I had booked our normal corporate rate and emailed in advance my interest in an paid upgrade to one of the sales managers I know at the property. Offered and accepted $100 CAD upcharge. All very efficient and professional.

Arrived in time for evening hors d'oeuvre. Nice selection. I settled for a glass of wine and cheeses. I did not want to spoil dinner

I asked for a quick tour of one of the 1br suites, which was done on the spot. The room furnishings are well done and I liked the way the showers were
redone. The bedroom in the suite was a bit smaller than most 1BR suites I have seen at Fairmonts, but the living room was more than adequate.

One of the new amenities was lip balm, exclusive for the moment to the Mac. Useful when an Alberta Clipper is blowing full bore.

I had a large corner King and it had great views of the river. One of the nicest king rooms I have had in a Fairmont in a while. Ask for 701.

The Gold Floor has a true concierge who was new to the Mac, but evidently very experienced. I had packages for a trade show the next day where they were able to have one of the bellmen have the house car scheduled to deliver the packages and me to the Shaw Conference Center with near military precision. Great service execution there. ^

I had a light dinner in the lounge and it is a nice touch that staff remembered me from my last visit.

Overall, a great, always too short visit to the Mac, one of my favorites in the Fairmont family. The staff was genuinely welcoming and the service impeccable throughout.

I'll be back in December and curious to see the Christmas decor.