FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:37 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jlemon

2. It's high summer in 1970 and you are in Park City in the Wasatch Range of Utah. The phone rings in your lady friend's mountain chalet and your presence is requested for a business dinner the next evening at Commander's Palace in New Orleans. You quickly discover there is a direct flight departing SLC at the civilized time of 11:15 am that will get you into MSY at 6:22 pm - plenty of time for your 8:00 pm dinner reservation. This flight makes four stops en route. Name the air carrier, the equipment and all four intermediate stops in order. ANSWERED

3. Now it's early winter of 1972 and you are in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. You have business in Providence, Rhode Island and have ascertained that one airline has daily direct service to PVD with this flight making three stops. What is the closest airport to White Bear Lake that you will be departing from, what airline and aircraft type will you be flying on, and what is the location of each of the three stops in the order in which they will be made? ANSWERED
Last call for the above two quiz items! As previously mentioned, the equipment was a twin engine jet in both cases. And here's another hint: it was not the same twin engine jet type. Should there be no takers, I'll provide the answers this weekend.

I also spoke with Seat 2A last evening via phone. He had previously mentioned that he was planning to take a break from the OTAQ&D due to an upcoming medical operation. That operation is now underway this morning as I write this and is scheduled to last for around eight hours. A lengthy and apparently arduous recovery phase will follow. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by jlemon; Oct 9, 2016 at 4:59 pm Reason: answer updates