Old Oct 6, 16, 11:00 am
Finkface

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
M&M doesn't charge a phone booking fee, calling them doesn't generate any additional costs. Only certain discounted awards (that usually are offered only for C & Y) can be booked online.

LH isn't cutting back on F awards, availability is roughly the same. What you are noticing is the fleet changes: the 744s have no F cabin anymore.
I'm having a similar problem and wondered if it was just me or there really is no way to book a multi city award with segments in different classes. Similar to the poster you quoted, I see availability in C on the TATL portion but only Y for the short intra-European flight (connection only, not a stopover), which is fine but I can't find a way to book it. It seems it's all in C or nothing. Is there really no way to book a 2 segment trip with one leg in C and one in Y on the website? I've never encountered this with any other airline. All the others allow mixed class itineraries on award bookings. If you pay for the highest cabin award, you can mix in lower class segments if that's all that is available. Not so on the LH site and one must call in?