FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Cloud!
Thread: The BA Cloud!
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:39 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
A couple of mine from a recent trip:

A lovely sunset flying BA codeshare on IB metal from LHR to MAD (was supposed to be the A330 but was subbed to a 346, still nicer than CE on A320!)...anyway, heading to the sun: (sorry about the reflections, too much light in the cabin. The phone didn't capture the spectral range a human eye would see but you get the idea and I also liked the way the high level clouds were being blown upwards and striated from the higher winds...

evening sunset
by BA_pics, on Flickr

This one was the return journey (IB 346) MAD - LHR, there was some very unstable air mass around that day but not enough moisture to cause more than these small pocket rockets (Cumulus that was trying hard to be towering cumulus)

Dynamic Energy from unstable Cumulus clouds
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Finally, I love the contrast of the deep blue hue of the sky at altitude compared to the silky white duvet of this mid-level Altostatus layer between MAD and FRA on LAN 789 (its actually very hard to look that far backwards in 1A )

LAN 789 MAD FRA lovely blue sky above stable mid layer cloud deck
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Any others have some nice / interesting cloud / meteorological related pictures from your recent BA/OW travels?