FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kids' activities & Japanese things
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:32 am
SQ319

Originally Posted by evergrn
You're saying the Marina Bay area will be less than half a day, whereas dsgtc0408 thinks it'll take up a good chunk of the day. Either way, it seems like a full visit to the zoo plus Marina Bay area will be too much to fit in a day, unless we do an abridged visit to each. Anyways, those are all great advice about the zoo. The word "humid" seems to be a recurring theme, so the kids probably need a break at the hotel between the zoo and Marina Bay, further limiting the time. If we hit the zoo at 8.30 or 9am and left by 12.30~1pm, do you think that's enough time to enjoy the best features of the zoo?
The Zoo opens at 8.30am. If you are there by then since u wake up early, you should be done by 1pm.

I've included the park map here. I would assume you will want to cover the monkeys since your kids like them. You will see that there are 2 distinct loops. Suggest that you start with the one on the left, as that's where most of the monkey exhibits are. Once u are done with that, do the one on the right halfway to the rainforest kids world. Your kids can have some water play if they are keen. Once u are done with them, u can head back to the entrance, using the tram if you prefer, as there isn't much to see in the remaining half of the loop. Don't miss the orang utans in the middle (Orang Utan broadwalk). That's the signature exhibit for the Zoo. There is a feeding at 11am. http://www.zoo.com.sg/assets/pdf/parkmap.pdf?v1

If you finish with that early afternoon, u can head back to Hilton for maybe a 1-2 hours rest, then out again at 3 to the Marina Bay area to cover Merlion, Esplanade then MBS for the Skydeck and dinner after.

Frankly speaking, I don't think Gardens by the Bay is really a must do, as it's just a nice well manicured garden (I much prefer the Botanical Gardens). It's probably something you can do on your 2nd trip, or if you do decide to relocate to Singapore.

Last edited by SQ319; Oct 5, 2016 at 2:48 am