FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International arrival - Global entry for parents but not kids
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:53 am
swise

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
I have a related question...

We did sign our kids up for Global Entry, but our youngest kid was an infant at the time, and his finger prints did not get entered properly into his record. He is now 4 years old, and when I called to see about setting up an appointment to re-fingerprint him, the office told me that they would not be able to do it. The explanation given was that they would still not be able to get valid prints in the system, because he is still too young. However, his brother's prints do work, and he was 3 when we signed him up.

The agent I spoke with said we could still go through the GE line, and that we would just need to go up to the GE desk to be manually processed instead of using the kiosk.

This seemed like a clunky solution to me. Why can't we just try our luck at getting new prints for the younger kid? We have to go in anyway, because Older Kid got a new passport.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm annoyed that we paid for GE for our youngest kid and aren't able to fully utilize it. :/