FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:03 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by gaudym00se34
So I am trying to decide what sort of card to apply for. My history:
I have been an authorized user on a CSP with a $33k CL and 4 years of on time payments, Credit Karma score around 750-770, and no real negative marks in history.
I am 22 and currently in my first job, but only until November (campaign related).

How will the limited income history and only being an authorized user affect my chances of getting a card? Looking at CSR, CSP, and Freedom/FU. I would really appreciate this, as it will be first card I apply for on my own, but want to get right into the points game. Thanks.
Having been an AU will certainly help your case, but probably not enough to get a CSR. I'd go for something small, say a Freedom card, to use to build your credit history with Chase. Get that, spend on it every month without going over the credit limit, then pay it off before the charges post to a statement. After 6 months or so you can start thinking about applying for a card with a more substantial credit limit.