FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Emerald, or CX Diamond?
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:15 am
380Flyer
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by Too much travel
One rant, and one question for you all:

Rant: why doesn't CX Marco Polo offer lifetime Emerald status for frequent flyers who have achieved a certain lifetime threshold number of miles/points? Many other airlines such as BA offer some form of lifetime status, both as a long-term incentive to travel with that airline, as well as a long-term reward for loyal passengers.

Question: my travel patterns (un)fortunately mean that I just about hit OWE on two different FF accounts each year - BAEC and CXMP. If I were to clock all my OW travel to the BAEC account, I'll reach lifetime Emerald via BAEC in another 5 or 6 years. If I continue clocking my travel across two accounts in order to keep Emerald on both BAEC and CXMP, it'll take me another 15 years or so to reach lifetime Emerald via BAEC.

What would you do? Certainly there are many benefits to retaining CX Diamond given that HK is my home base, but would it be more rational to just try and get lifetime Emerald quickly instead? I'm in my 40s if that's any help.

Thoughts / suggestions welcome.
My suggestion is to put your Marco Polo Club membership on holiday for 3 years and preserve your status with CX whilst you earn those lifetime points on BAEC.