FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:21 am
Padmeister

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Ah, you are still doing the "guarantee" thing I see!

Incidentally, that is actually a rather moot point: if the goal was to fill plane, everyone could do that: some airlines and services have gone bankrupt with loads near 100%. The difficulty relates to yields rather than loads.

If, as I presume you suggest, you can guarantee that BA will be able to continue filling planes with similar or higher yields as now and reduce costs, then it's great for them. They have nothing to worry about, can safely ignore the passengers who claim to be disgruntled, and in fact press ahead with faster and more radical continued product deterioration in all classes of service. The only mystery questions become why they have not done it earlier (frankly, if BA never had anything to gain from offering free drinks and food in the first place, I really do wonder why on earth they did for so long) and why other European legacy carriers have not done it either. They must have all had pretty wasteful managers.
I cannot personally guarantee anything my good man. I just feel with what has been decided this will be the end of BA but somehow they will keep going. People on here have been moaning for years on the decline of the airline but despite all that is said they still manage to keep people flying with them. We will see Orbitmic what happens over the next couple of years we will remember this thread that's for sure 😊