FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to decide where to stay in Bangkok in February
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:41 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My wife and I are staying give 5 nights in Bangkok in February, first time for both of us. We won't be heading to Phuket or Chiang Mai or anything else. We are in our 30s and are interested in some of the nightlife stuff but we do enjoy food, including street food. We will mostly just walk around and explore. I might visit a tailor as well.
I thought about staying at the Marriott Sukhimvit near Soi 38, but now that the street food has left, I can scratch that off the list. Right now I'm choosing between Conrad, JW and Radisson Suites. The JW is right across the street from Nana, so I'm wondering if that will be too much stimuli for us. I read the Radisson Suites is a little further from the BTS station, but I don't know if it's far enough to matter. The Conrad is more $$. I also have free night certs for the Intercontinental but that seems too far west. I've actually read that much of the action on Sukhimvit is moving east. The Hilton and Radisson Blu are there. What do you guys think?
Status with hotel chains? Are these the only Bangkok hotels you're considering?