FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need suggestions on finding flights to use GPUs (confirmable at booking)
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:20 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by misdirected baggage
Thank you all! I'm pretty open on destinations, but need to use the GPUs between now and early NOV (work takes over after that). Actually, any remote destination would be fine (RT from EWR to ideally SIN, but NRT, AKL, even LHR would work). I was hoping that there was an easier way to find flights other than searching for R inventory via trial and error in the UA web site. I found a couple of short trips EWR-NRT, but wondered whether I could be more efficient. All that said, I'm open to anything - that's the problem when flying anywhere is better than sitting at home.
Sometimes if I don't want to hunt and peck, I'll call the 1K line and have them do it for me. It still takes time, but they move faster than I do. You'll need to give them a destination though, not just ask for R space on any flight - something like I'm looking to go to LHR from EWR, my dates are not fixed and can go outbound Oct 01-30 and need to return no later than 05 Nov. They'll start the outbound first, once they find a date, ask them to check the few dates that follow it so that when you look at return dates, you still leave yourself enough time to enjoy where you are going. You can also mention if you're willing to connect or return from a different airport. If a connection, they may not always see the R space on the long flight if the short one doesn't have R available.

Oh, and if destination one doesn't work, as them for destination #2.

Good luck and have fun wherever you end up.