FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed by Platinum Elite
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:00 pm
duan

Advice needed by Platinum Elite

I earned enough miles in 2003 to make platinum elite and made my first long haul journey as PE last month MAN-AMS-BKK.Being the boring organised guy I am I booked on an early 14.45 flight to AMS to ensure that my baggage did not fall foul of the problems you read about at Schipol for a 20.00 departure to BKK.On arriving in BKK with no bags I was informed by the very helpful groundstaff that my case had been bumped off the 14.45 flight due to a weight problem with that flight but when it eventuallly arrived in BKK it was clear from the baggage slips that it was not put on either the first or second flight after the one I was actually on but the third one which took off from MAN after I had left AMS.
Surely someone should have spotted that the case belonged to a PE and that very fact should have led to another case being bumped instead or at the very least ensured that it caught the next flight.Do you guys put PE tags on your hold luggage and would that have made any difference?What is the best way to seek compensation in the form of miles for this cock up.All help greatly appreciated.