FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:50 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NYTA
Where can I acquire EU citizenship for less than 75 pounds a year? I'd be happy to do that.
Unless I know your family history and your personal history and means, I can't tell you. I can tell you that £270 fee for five years of the UK's RT program is more expensive than it would cost me in fees to acquire some EU countries' citizenship and passport. Different strokes for different folks, but it all comes down to the individual circumstances.

The US DHS/CBP has been sending mass emailings today to GE members to get more Americans to enroll in the U.K. RT program with an indication that they don't qualify unless they have the four U.K. visits within two years.

Originally Posted by CBP email
You are receiving this message because you have been identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen or Canadian citizen enrolled in the GE/ NEXUS program. CBP would like to inform you that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller and you may be eligible to apply.

Registered Traveller was launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for eligible nationals from the United States and Canada. Membership of Registered Traveller costs £70 in the first year and £50 per year thereafter.

Membership of Registered Traveller includes the following benefits:
.Access to ePassport gates
.Use of the UK / EEA queue
.No requirement to complete a landing card on arrival in the UK
.No routine credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Visitor eligibility criteria have changed and you now may apply to join if you have made at least 4 journeys to the United Kingdom in the previous two years. Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.

Registered Traveller is proving extremely popular with members and to date there have been over 275,000 crossings of the border by members with extremely positive feedback such as,

“I think it is fantastic! It has made a major difference to my experience travelling as it gives me a great deal of time back.”

“Time saving and improved experience of clearing immigration.”