FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A list of BUSINESS cards which earn miles or points.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:03 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cubbies2016
And also, what if someone applies for a biz card as a sole prop using their SSN? Do we have any data points that those don't always go into the personal credit report? I don't see why they wouldn't.
That's what most FlyerTalkers who apply for business cards are, I would think, given that so many FlyerTalkers apply for business cards without really having a business.

So I don't see why people wouldn't be screaming left and right that it's not true that business cards (other than Capital One) don't report to the big three (EQ, EX, TU) credit bureaus (for cards in good standing) if what you suggested was the case. Yet I've never seen anyone speak up and say "but that business card does show up on my credit report".

Instead, everyone (including tons of people who monitor their credit reports, including tons of people who apply as sole proprietor) seems to agree that Amex, Barclay, Chase, Citi, and US Bank business cards (in good standing) don't show up on credit reports, but Capital One business cards do show up on credit reports.

I don't know why that's the standard among most banks, but it sure seems to be.