FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:18 am
Eskimoboy

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shefgab
Much like Brexit, I was hoping that this wouldn't come to fruition

The whole idea of BoB is dissapointing, but even more so that even water will be charged for. The lack of free catering for BA Gold is also upsetting. Will BA improve their lounge offerings to enable status pax to BoB (bring on board)? IB lounges have loads of sandwiches and salads that are "good to go". I shall certainly be taking some drinks for the plane (mini cans galore!).

Over the past few years I've been flying more and more with Ryanair, but am happiliy paying up to £30-50 more for BA on a shorthual flight. The chances of that happening now are very slim.

After years of enhancements, taking the line "this is what our pax want" is just another kick in the teeth. Of course people are going to want "upgraded" catering when you swap a meal tray for an all day deli bag, then a lunch box, then a wrap, then to a single mini bag of crisps I think they'd find that most people would rather "free" than "paid for", not that they'd ever ask.
I'm the same in that I've been happily paying £30-£50 more than the competition to fly BA on shorthaul (which now I type it makes me sound a bit of an idiot!)