FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:59 pm
Need

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Well, it's great to hear about the comps! When was your stay? And thanks for the quick and thorough feedback!
Oct last year. We have been to that restaurants many times before but last year was the first time we stayed at the hotel.

Looking thru Tripadvisor's reviews, it seems that I am not the only Plat who got double beds room instead of King. There is one review a year before my stay saying almost the exact same thing except they actually were able to get the room change.

As a Marriott Platinum member I stay in a lot of hotels. In the last three years I have never once needed to complain even once, but the front desk service at this hotel is horrible.

Upon check-in, I was informed we had a double instead of a king room. When I questioned this, the front desk person stated that is all they had available, and the king bed was only a request. (note: room type is guaranteed for platinum members). When I stated that I thought it was guaranteed, she went to the back to check. She then told me that they were able to find a king room and it would be available in 15 minutes, so we waited.

Upon entering our new room, I was struck by the fact that it was the worst room I had ever seen at a resort. It was on our with a Fairfield Inn. The room was on the "first floor" but below street level, and the only view was that of a retaining wall 10 feet away.

My Marriott profile has a few items: king bed, high floor, and extra towels. I would have expected this Ritz to get it right. But they got none of these three.

King bed: not available till after I complained
High floor: no, below street level
Extra towels: no, just two

I will write Corporate because I think they need to step in an retrain management on handling platinum members. Simply the worst service I have received from any Ritz, JW, Renaissance, or Marriott in many many years.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...lifornia.html#