Old Sep 28, 16, 9:52 am
Need

Originally Posted by bsdstone View Post
Wife and I are headed here for a brief one night stay (using points) before meeting some friends in Temecula for a wine tasting weekend. It's our 15th anniversary, so I will send a note ahead of time, but don't expect much in the way of an upgrade, even as a newly minted Platinum! :-)

Speaking of upgrades, does anyone what the cost is to upgrade to the concierge level when using points?
I hope you have better luck than me. My wife and I were there last year for our anniversary. We reserved a King bed room and was given a two double beds room facing the front parking. Tried to call to to switch room, and was told there is absolutely no room available even for plat members. After I did the survey when we return home the manager did email me and said he will refund half the points for the stay. Never happened.

The room is really dated by the way.. at least the one we got. The restaurant is amazing though and great view too during the day. We did receive free breakfast as Plat which is not usual in Ritz. We didn't tell them it was our anniversary so maybe you will get better treatment telling them ahead of time so they don't run out of King size bed room.