FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [BA] AMS - STT eur1051 in C
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:43 am
HeidiInTheAlps

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Well, it's not *A, but how about Seattle?
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...A314;sc=b;eo=e
Thanks Tafflyer...

I did book something, I'm very happy with. It's been one huge faff-A-round, but got it done.

I was looking to book over Christmas - we are going skiing, already have ski passes (pre purchased on a deal) already have family condo reserved at Snowbird... have kids in school with restrictive school holiday schedule. Traveling with ski's....

what else could I throw in the mix?

Oh, I know, I already have tickets in economy in LH bought months ago via an OTA for this itinerary. Has a cancellation fee of 190 E pp

I just didn't want to sit in economy. Been working too hard, not in the mood. etc.

So, booked:

18 Dec AMS-ORD on the non-stop - - will buy a ticket from ORD to SLC or RNO (still thinking about where I want to go, possibly JAC).

8 Jan - return flight, SFO-FRA (A380) - AMS 1 hr 20 min connection in FRA. Wanted to be on A-380 or 747 uppder deck for one segment. It's like a Christmas pressie for my daughter (instead of new iphone or some other stupid electronic screen)

Used my best charms, got OTA to call LH and waive the cancellation fee. Total price: €1430 p.p. :-::-:

Took my hours to sort, but it's sorted. I can stop stalking the blogs, google flights, and FT and get back to work for a bit.

And I think the other members of the forum will be pleased that I stop taking up so much digital space

Not a MR for me, but a (much needed) proper hol-eee-day.

PS - this will put me at Plat with UA

Last edited by HeidiInTheAlps; Sep 28, 2016 at 9:01 am