FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:59 am
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
STLSFO
Breakfast
A319

Based on flight length, was expecting standard mid-con breakfast but FA explained it as cereal. [Removed by moderator per rules on language.] FA said it was due to 9/11 cutbacks...umm 15 years later ok.

Reality is flight was double-catered out of SFO from the night before. While I was slightly disappointed, in reality it actually was a decent "light" breakfast and it just meant I could load up at Boudin's when I landed.

SFOSTL
Dinner
A319

FA serving F was relatively pleasant although she seemed to be having an off day. In that I mean she did all the announcements for the A320 (which I'm surprised no other crew members corrected her) and it seemed that she was having an issue locating where stuff was loaded in the galley.

Choices were shrimp and grits or beef with vegetables. Had the beef and it was pretty good...not fatty like the previous hoisin version UA had for years and the root vegetables were decent. Dessert came and went...in that nothing was offered so when I got up to use the lav asked the FA and she said she couldn't find them. She finally made a call back to the FA in Y and sure enough catering had loaded them in the back galley....crisis averted.
The catering out of STL is due to UAs stinginess and relatively few/practically non-existent meal-catered flights ex-STL. There is a Gate Gourmet facility that serves AA (and AS flights). Didn't realize UA had an early morning SFO flight from STL I thought it was just an evening turn. It seems UA has added a few mainline flights to STL which long had zero to minimal mainline flying primarily to stage and cycle GoJet and Trans States equipment through for maintenance. Guess this is just consistent with the broader upgauguing underway at UA and across the industry.