FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book awards on EY partner airlines
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:36 am
dustbuster

Czech Air booking, round 2

I made another Czech Air booking, ICN-PRG & PRG-MAD. First time around, the agent (from Manchester) was clueless, putting me on multiple extended holds which added up to a 45 minute call before he was finally able tell me that he couldn't find any availability (availability was showing in ExpertFlyer and Air France). Even when I pushed and gently asked him to check with his supervisor, he told me that he could not see any availability or request the seats.

I called back the next day and found an agent that was able to confirm both business and economy availability matched ExpertFlyer/Air France. Taxes and fees are exactly what shows in ITA Matrix, including YQ. Note that business class redemptions incur a higher YQ than economy for the long haul, but not for the short haul. I tried to get him to put both the ICN-PRG & PRG-MAD segments on the same itinerary, hoping for a CSA-provided overnight transit hotel (it's a 16 hour layover), but he told me that he could only book point-to-point. I was issued two PNRs and tickets.

He told me cancellation fee is 10% of miles if cancelled at least 24 hours prior to departure, otherwise it cannot be refunded (I don't think this 24 hour rule was around last time I booked).

Last edited by dustbuster; Sep 25, 2016 at 6:44 am