FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:18 am
KRSW

Originally Posted by Troopers
Emphasis added. A bit contradictory?
Not a contradiction -- I'm not wanting a card to impress anyone, whereas there are others who do get satisfaction from having a particular card and being able to display it. I'm actually surprised Chase didn't create a buy-up option of being able to get a heavier card, a la Ritz. There are plenty of people who would have ponied up a few $$$ for a heavier card.

As far as the real metal CSR cards go, I actually give Chase some credit for sending out plastic "temporary" CSRs while the metal ones are delayed. I can think of a few other banks who would have just sat on the applications until they had the policy-approved cards ready. Not to mention, what a great PR stunt! A credit card so popular the bank can't produce the cards fast enough!

My Chase banker called me last week to make sure everything was going well with my CSR & Priority Pass. She said they're hoping to be caught up with the metal card backlog by sometime in November.