FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Pine Cliffs and Pine Cliff Residence, Albufeira, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old Apr 11, 2004, 12:26 pm
schriste

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I stayed at The Sheraton Algarve last December for 2 nights. It is a very nice property and I would return, but it is not perfect.

Good:

• I was upgraded to what is probably the best platinum upgradeable room in the hotel. Only one of about 3 rooms that can actually see the beach (that is the sand).
• I stayed right after a Phillips conference left. The day before my arrival the hotel was fully booked. During my stay… perhaps 10 rooms were occupied. It was all mine!
• My room was a two floor suite with two balconies and very nice views.
• The grounds are very pretty with quality landscaping and lots of water features (the newer condo section is not landscaped as nicely).
• My platinum amenity was an immense bowl full of fruit.
• Staff were very friendly and helpful
• Nice grocery store across the street from the hotel to buy munchies and beer/wine and hence avoid massive hotel markup.
• Room service price includes tax, service and delivery. Don’t see that very often.
• Decent breakfast buffet included in the rate (very reasonable rates off season).

Bad:

• Posts in older threads (that may be gone by now) mentioned that on season the place is swarming with kids. In that case my room with the great view would have been very noisy. The front desk person that showed me the room even mentioned that it was a problem in the summer.
• The rooms are not my idea of luxury. Nice marble bathroom, but the furniture is pretty low end with truly bizarre nightstand lights. Also, all of the bulbs are fluorescent which I personally do not like.
• If you don’t have a car you are kind of stuck at the resort… not necessarily a bad thing.