FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doing an Antarctic cruise as a solo traveler?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:26 pm
dwugson

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by travelmad478
My trip is booked for end-December into mid-January. I was originally booked for a trip in October-November, and I was getting hopeful that I'd end up with a similar no-roommate situation, but in the end the trip was so sparsely booked that they cancelled the voyage entirely Now set for the later sailing, with a cabin upgrade for my trouble, and still hoping for no roommate. If there a lot of solo guys I may be in luck, since I'm a solo woman!
December to January is the best time to go, you'll have a great time. The cabin is basically a place to store your stuff, shower and sleep and you'll find yourself using the joint facilities most of the time - even if not sharing. I've shared on several of these trips and even with a room mate with different sleep habits have had no problems whatsoever. When not on shore you'll want to be out of the cabin on deck enjoying the scenery or attending the many lectures on board. So, relax, don't worry about sharing and have a terrific experience!