FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USAir's website basically sucks
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2004, 8:05 pm
Jumpgate

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
US Airways' web site is terrible. Simply terrible.

I fly US Airways relatively frequency because I travel a lot to Pittsburgh from the west coast, and they are the only airline that flies non-stop.

Anyway ...

Their web site is TERRIBLE. I thought I'd list a few problems in the hopes that someone at US Airways will realize this.

1. No back button. You can't go and change a reservation without practically starting all over.
2. Your session constantly expires so you can't even use your browser's back button.
3. If you make a typo in your address when booking it doesn't remember your previous entry.
4. You have to have TWO different log-ins! One for your Dividend Miles account and the other for your reservations.
5. You Dividend Miles number is not associated with your ticket purchasing account so you can't log into Dividend Miles to view your reservations.
6. You can't simply give it dates and have it give you the lowest fare flight combination. You have to guess first and pick two flights (say for a round trip) and THEN after you choose your flights it'll provide you with the lower priced alternatives.

And many more. US Airways is trying so hard to promote its web site (the new plane livery is a good example .... ) yet it's almost unusable. Southwest, though ugly, has a wonderfully usable web site, and jetBlue's is usable and aesthetically pleasing. AA has a nice site because it's AAdvantage log in is tied into its reservations.

Something needs to change.