FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Picking the right beach spot
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:01 am
1readyset2go

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
We do not mind staying on property the whole time except for a boat excursion. We can get great Thai food and culture at our other stops in the country. It sounds like if we choose Phuket or Krabi that is what we will have to do and I am ok with that. This part of the trip is to relax and unwind (lay on the beach and pool) after we have explored BKK and CM, so I was hoping to keep it simple/easy by finding a nice resort in Thailand and its only 4 days of the whole trip.

This is proving harder than I thought. Maybe I should look in the same region but outside Thailand? Langkawi maybe a better choice, but will be a little harder to get to?

While searching last night for a place that hopefully fit what we wanted in Thailand I came across The Racha which seems the most promising so far. Any thoughts on it?

I am also considering a couple of the Anatara properties they all look pretty nice.

Layana on Koh Lanta looks good but I am wondering if it might be a bit hard to get to?

Rayavadee looks great but probably a little more than I want to spend.

Or I could just hang my head in shame, redeem a bunch of Marriott points, and stay an American hotel, and not one I am particulaly fond of at that...sigh

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Sep 22, 2016 at 7:28 am