FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza (LAX)
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:48 pm
orvando

stayed last month here. found the room to be in very good condition (clean, not a lot of chips or peels or scratches on things). spacious room and bathoom, large TV. sort of would put this on par with an average room in other Crowne Plaza's, Marriott's, Doubletree/Hilton etc. nothing noteworthy but nothing disappointing. Tub-form shower. Wall AC unit made a lot of noise, which would normally would annoy me except it helped to drown out the VERY loud runway noises coming from my window (which I believed I faced North, or perhaps Northwest on a high floor). Had to sleep with earplugs, but was more than prepared for that after having stayed at the Hyatt/Concourse earlier this year, which had the same issues. Room was in much, much better shape than my room at the Concourse (i was there just after transition from the Radisson, and my non-renovated room was truly nasty).

Shuttle service ran well both ways for me, but i'm sure that's hit or miss in terms of timing and seat availability; most are. Check-in desk had a very long line at around 7pm. Not enough staff working the desk (2 folks), who looked miserably overwhelmed. There is a separate line for IHG elites (including lowly golds like me) that gets priority service. So, would hesitate to stay here without status b/c of check-in situation, but otherwise this is a solid LAX hotel. and was cheaper than most others on my date.