FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 19 days through the "-stans" incl. Uzbekistan Airways C-Class
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:31 am
daKav

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by flo-e
HY was a bit of a pain to book. Their website didn't work for me. I ended up booking via expedia.sg. Funny enough the flight didn't come up if I selected "cheapest" (even though J-Class was available) but only when I searched for Business. Once booked, I received one of those "you're set to go" e-mails and I headed off to the border closing ceremony and the Golden Temple. When I got back in the evening, I found a "sorry, the airline cancelled your trip" e-mail. Apparently it wasn't ticketed instantly and then Expedia just decided to cancel. I spent over an hour on the phone with them to get it fixed the next morning and it was finally ticketed 4hrs before departure.
Given how non functional their site is, I wasn't expecting anything less exciitng

I am not sure of the rationale for Amritsar - Tashkent flight. I could sketch up DEL-TAS to flight between national capitals, but still, daily? My only guess is they are filling up with people connecting onwards to Europe. But, I could be very wrong.

Last edited by daKav; Sep 21, 2016 at 8:33 am Reason: typo