FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Club Family Mileage Plan
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:55 am
jon503

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm wondering about the proof of family relationship. What kind of document did you guys submit, and did it really have to be one "that has been issued within six months"? In my case the birth certificate was notarized and translated a decade ago. Does that mean I need to do it again for Asiana?
It's a bit discretionary I think. I added my wife to my account right after we got married and before the marriage certificate was even issued. I handed in a certificate saying that the marriage had been validly applied for (the marriage certificate took about a week to process). The person in Asiana's Seoul office looked at it and had no idea if it would be acceptable because their guideline apparently calls for a marriage certificate, but a quick call to her supervisor solved the issue.

So much for there being some flexibility in general. Regarding the 6 month period, I can see them being strict with something like a marriage certificate that is not necessarily permanent, but they might well be reasoned with when it comes to a birth certificate (you cannot be "unborn" after all).