FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:44 pm
Raynyan

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
InterContinental Dubai Festival City

InterContinental Dubai Festival City

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, great stay.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
4 nights booked by 3 separated reservations. 1st night was Reward Night, 2nd night was cheapest One King Bed Deluxe Room by IHG Rewards Club Member Advance Purchase Rate, 3rd and 4th nights were Royal Suite. 1 day before check-in, system indicated to upgrade Club InterContinental One Bedroom Suite for both 1st and 2nd nights. 3rd and 4th nights were same to original booking. Upon Check-in, received Royal Suite for entire 4 nights of stay.

How are the rooms?
246sqm Huge and contemporary elegant suite. Huge dining and lounge space, bedroom is simple but well appointed, bathroom is very specious. Probably most specious bathroom I have ever experienced. Twin shower head shower booth, steam sauna, bathtub with great view, and all toiletries are Asprey. Huge walk-in closets, well appointed kitchenette.

Video of Royal Suite:

How was the minibar?
Indeed alcoholic beverages selections were nothing special. I understand here is Arabian country. Soft drink selections were excellent. No complaints.

How is the Club Lounge?
Yes, granted for entire of 4 nights stay. Before I visit here, I heard excellent reputation of food and beverage performance. However, my experience was very small selection and so-so quality of food and some better selection of beverage. (Champagne was Moët) Not exceeded my expectation. Honestly saying, Unterwegs' comment about this club lounge seems to be just said the least. And they didn't provide any information letter about Club Lounge operations and Club benefits.

What was your welcome gift?
Welcome Drink Voucher only.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good?
++++++++++ Royal Suite
++++++++++ upgrade for first 2 nights included Reward Night
+++++ Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire Restaurant
+++++ Close to Festival City shopping mole
++++++++++ Very beautiful and charming Guest Relations Officer Russian lady (Hahaha)

What was bad?
WiFi signal was not stable. I asked House Keeper to add extra WiFi access point.
Didn't receive any information letter about Club Lounge operations and Club benefits.

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Definitely.

Last edited by Raynyan; Sep 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm Reason: Update YouTube URL