FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Picking the right beach spot
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:44 pm
bwiadca

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go

First I started looking at Phuket, but then I read I was 30 years too late. I have read its overrun and now only sad old men and prostitutes go there?
Wow.

You shouldn't read Thaivisa, bunch of mad ex pats, only complaining. Never happy.

I went to Phuket for the first time this year in April. Loved it. I didn't go to any place besides areas around my hotel. I've stayed close to the airport because plane spotting is one thing I like to do.
Very quiet beaches, not many people around. However, I would think that resorts north of Mai Khao beach would be ideal for you.
Otherwise I would aim for very south of the island.
My girlfriend was happy with the place.

We are going back to Phuket in 3 weeks. Staying again at Nai Yang beach area. This time in nicer hotel (private pool villa for $70 a night, 50 meters from the beach). During high season it goes for ~$200 a night.

Too crowded for you? I loved it. Couple of people here and there, and nobody is bothering you. Short walking distance to your hotel and local food carts / restaurants.

And 180 views but no replay. It's because that sometimes you will ask some question here and people get angry at you just for asking. For that reason people don't post here a lot.